There are two things in this world that I feel very passionate about: writing and nonprofit organizations.  I was born with a serious heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, and in order to live, I needed four open-heart surgeries.  All four of these surgeries were at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, and I am very happy and healthy.  I owe it all to my cardiologists and surgeon who worked to keep me alive.  I feel that because of my positive experiences with nonprofit organizations, I am called to enhance the media at nonprofit organizations in the Milwaukee area, whether or not that organization affected me personally. 

Because nonprofit organizations have to work extremely hard to meet their financial needs, I want to show the world that new media - blogging, Twitter posts, Facebook posting, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, can be a major benefit to promoting the positive impact of nonprofit organizations.  The more nonprofit organizations expose themselves online, the higher the chance that they will gain more followers, employees, and most importantly, donors.  

I feel it is my responsibility as a young person to encourage these organizations to use new media methods and learn how their message and mission can reach a larger audience.  I feel that Writing for New Media is perfect for me, and I hope to use the knowledge I gained in college to transform the world.